Medicare Pilot Program
Benefits? Benefits can include medically necessary services that traditional Medicare does not cover. For example: indoor home assistance, snow removal, athletic club fees, and mileage reimbursement for out of area medical travel. Benefits apply for all health conditions, not just asbestos related diseases. Benefits do not include assistance with insurance co-pays, deductibles or expenses that traditional Medicare would pay a portion of.
Are you eligible? Must have ARD (from Libby exposure), Medicare Part A and Part B and live in one of the following counties:
MONTANA: Lincoln, Flathead, Glacier, Lake, Mineral, Missoula, Sanders
WASHINGTON: Ferry, Lincoln, Ponderay, Spokane, Stevens, Whitman
IDAHO: Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Clearwater, Kootenai, Latah, Shoshone
Considerations? All services provided by Medicare (including Pilot services) may be subject to repayment out of your legal settlement if involved.
How to sign up:
- Complete the following forms (yellow sections only):
- EHH – Environmental Health Hazard Checklist – This form tells Social Security that you have ARD and that you lived in Lincoln County, MT at least 10 years ago
- Consent Form – This gives your permission to tell Social Security that you have ARD
- Phone Social Security at 1-888-482-3128 – tell them that you have asbestos disease and have completed the forms at CARD
- Wait for letter from Social Security – First paragraph will state that you have been exposed to an environmental health hazard. Do not complete the yellow card if included.
- Call Noridian at 1-888-469-9464 – tell them that you received your letter from Social Security and you are ready to “enroll in the Pilot Program”. Once enrolled, you will receive a letter in the mail from Noridian which states your acceptance to the Medicare Pilot program. SAVE THIS LETTER – it is the only proof that you are in the Pilot program (you will not get a card of any kind).